Post-Race Report from Venturini Motorsports
ARCA Menards Series
Dutch Boy 150
Worldwide Technology Raceway at Gateway
August 29, 2020
· Saturday’s Dutch Boy 150 was the 13th race of the 2020 ARCA Menards Series season and marked the seventh of 10 Sioux Chief Showdown races.
· Venturini Motorsports (VMS) fielded three Toyota Camry’s for both events: No. 15 Drew Dollar, No. 20 Chandler Smith and No. 25 Michael Self.
· Officials held a modified practice session, allowing groups of seven five-minutes on track. At the conclusion Self was second, Dollar 10th and Smith 11th.
· Using 2020 Sioux Chief Owner’s Points, the field was set, Self rolled off first, Smith second and Dollar ninth.
· Green flag in the air, everyone settled into their respective positions with Self leading the first 11-laps.
· Caution for break one on lap-41 allowed everyone to hit pit road for the first time. All three VMS drivers called for a round of adjustments to help the handling.
· Back underway, the trio once again settled in and set their sights back on the leader. Working traffic on the notoriously tough to pass track, made track position a commodity all day.
· Shortly after the second break, Self was involved in a spin bringing out the caution on lap-103. Suffering heavy damage, the No. 25 team worked to get him back on track.
· Dollar cracked into the top-10 right after the caution and set his sights on the top-five, staking his claim on lap-110. The last 10-laps became a shootout, with positions jockeying all around. When the checkered flag flew, Smith came home second, Dollar seventh and Self 15th.
· On deck next for VMS is the ARCA Menards Series race at the Missouri’s Lebanon I-44 Speedway, on Saturday, September 5th. The team will field Toyota entries for: No. 15 Drew Dollar, No. 20 Chandler Smith and No. 25 Michael Self.
Drew Dollar No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camry
“I feel like I should have done a better job for my team at Gateway (WWT). I felt like I made too many mistakes and gave up a good finish. Our Sunbelt Rentals Camry was solid all day and the adjustments helped us get better through the race. Overall, I’m able to learn a lot from this weekend and continue to improve.”
Start – 9 Finish – 7 Points – 3rd