by Venturini Motorsports
ARCA Menards Series East
General Tire 125
Dover International Speedway
August 21, 2020
· The General Tire 125 at Dover International Speedway marked the third race of the 2020 ARCA Menards Series East (ARCAE).
· Venturini Motorsports (VMS) fielded three Toyota Camry’s: No. 15 Drew Dollar, No. 20 Corey Heim and No. 25 Mason Diaz.
· Officials held a modified hour practice session, using the fastest lap from the session to set the field. At sessions end, Heim was fourth, Dollar seventh and Diaz eighth.
· After setting the field via practice times, the green flag waved to start the General Tire 125. Heim spent the first half maintaining his top-five presence, while Diaz and Dollar worked on bettering their track position. Break one came during the lap-31 caution, where all three VMS cars came to pit road for tires, fuel and much needed adjustments. Firing back off, everyone worked to put their Toyota Camry’s solidly into the top-five. Using the second break on lap-74 for more adjustments, all three drivers continued to work on track position at the fast Monster Mile. Shortly after radioing he had a right rear tire going flat, Heim made his way to pit road under the lap-109 caution. Bunching up the field, the short dash to the end saw Diaz and Dollar taking over the top-five and Heim ripping through the field.
· Checkered flag flying No. 15 Drew Dollar came home fifth, No. 20 Corey Heim sixth and No. 25 Mason Diaz third.
Drew Dollar – No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camry
“I had a difficult day at Dover (International Speedway). Just proud of how this Venturini Motorsports team fought all day to help me get better. Happy to escape with a top-five finish.”
Start – 7 Finish – 5 Laps Led – 0