ARCA Menards Series
Shore Lunch 150
July 18, 2020
· The Shore Lunch 150 was the seventh event of the 20-race season and the third race of the Sioux Chief Showdown.
· Venturini Motorsports (VMS) fielded three Toyota Camry’s: No. 15 Drew Dollar, No. 20 Chandler Smith and No. 25 Michael Self.
· With a condensed weekend schedule, ARCA officials held one practice session Saturday afternoon. Self laid down the fourth fastest time, followed by Smith in fifth and Dollar in 11th.
· Starting grid was set off the 2020 Sioux Chief Showdown Owners Points. Chandler Smith would roll off in first, followed by Self in third and Dollar in 10th.
· Walking off with a sizeable lead at the start, Smith paced the field early in the race before an early caution bunched up the field.
· Ignition problems plagued the No. 15 of Drew Dollar on lap-32, forcing the car to the garage for repairs. Dollar would rejoin the field later in the race.
· Stage one ended on lap-50. The VMS Toyota Camry’s came to pit road for tires, fuel and adjustments, before restarting the race on lap-54.
· Self and Smith spent most of the next segment racing solidly in the top-five while battling the hot and slick racetrack.
· Stage two concluded on lap-98 and the teammates once again entered pit road, looking for four fresh tires and a round of adjustments to help their cars handling.
· Continuing to battle a slick race track, Self and Smith stayed consistently in the top-five for the remainder of the race as the traffic thickened all around the track.
· With the checkered flag flying, No. 20 Chandler Smith came home fourth, followed by No. 25 Michael Self sixth and No. 15 Drew Dollar 17th.
· On deck next for VMS is the ARCA Menards Series race at Kansas Speedway, on Friday, July 24th. The team will field Toyota entries for: No. 12 Corey Heim, No. 15 Drew Dollar, No. 20 Ryan Repko and No. 25 Michael Self
Drew Dollar No. 15 Lynx Capital, Dollar Concrete Construction Company Toyota Camry
“Didn’t leave Iowa Speedway with the results that we were hoping for or felt we were capable of. Had a disappointing day, but I was still able to get a lot of experience. Already preparing for our trip to Kansas Speedway this weekend.”
Start – 10 Finish – 17 Points – 3rd