ARCA Menards Series
General Tire 150
July 11, 2020
· The General Tire 150 was the sixth event of the 20-race season and the first race at Kentucky Speedway since 2017.
· Venturini Motorsports (VMS) fielded three Toyota Camry’s: No. 15 Drew Dollar, No. 20 Ryan Repko and No. 25 Michael Self.
· With a condensed weekend schedule, ARCA officials held one practice session Saturday afternoon. By sessions end, Self wound up second, followed by Repko sixth and Dollar eighth.
· Starting grid was set off the 2020 ARCA Menards Series Owners Points. Michael Self would roll off in first, followed by Repko in second and Dollar in fourth.
· Walking off with a sizeable lead at the start, Self paced the field early in the race before a lap-16 caution bunched up the field.
· Stage one ended on lap-30, with Dollar running sixth, Repko fifth and Self third. All three Toyota Camry’s came to pit road for tires, fuel and adjustments, before restarting the race on lap-34.
· While Self worked his way back up to the second position, Repko and Dollar set their sights on the top-five. Track position was the name of the game all day and the teammates had to work hard to earn every position.
· After the end of Stage 2, all three VMS cars entered the top-five and set their sights on the front. Dollar, running third began fighting slower traffic, as Self and the leader tangled, sending him to ninth.
· With the checkered flag flying, No. 25 Michael Self came home third, followed by No. 15 Drew Dollar fifth and No. 20 Ryan Repko sixth.
· On deck next for VMS is the ARCA Menards Series race at Iowa Speedway, a double header with IndyCar, on Saturday, July 18th. The team will field Toyota entries for: No. 15 Drew Dollar, No. 20 Chandler Smith and No. 25 Michael Self
Drew Dollar No. 15 Lynx Capital, Dollar Concrete Construction Company Toyota Camry
“Learned so much at Kentucky Speedway this weekend and I look forward to getting back to another 1.5-mile track with my Venturini Motorsports crew soon. I had a fun day and we were able to come away with a top-five finish. Built up a ton of confidence in the team this weekend and really saw what it’s going to take to win.”
Start – 4 Finish – 5 Points – 2nd